Accessibility at the Pentire Hotel
- The Pentire Hotel is situated on the Pentire headland between two iconic Cornish beaches 1 mile approx. from Newquay town centre, 15 minute walk away or a 3 minute drive.
- Pentire headland has a slight incline leading to the hotel with steep hills leading down to the beach.
- We have 75 bedrooms at the Pentire Hotel. Including single, double, twin and family suites.
- We have no ground floor rooms but a lift leading to all bedroom floors, with no stairs to negotiate.
- We have larger Bedrooms and bathrooms to accommodate wheelchairs users.
- All guests should use the main entrance to the hotel which has steps and a ramp leading up to it.
- The nearest railway station is Newquay station and is approximately 3 miles from Hotel.
- Accessibility taxis are available please contact reception and we can give details (01637 872334).
- A bus stop is situated directly outside hotel entrance taking you to the town centre and passes every hour.
- A collection service is available upon request.
- The surrounding areas of the hotel are all paved and generally even.
- We can give details about local services for disabled people including any equipment hire, Shopmobility and RADAR toilets.
- We can offer menu’s, brochures, and Tariffs all in large print form if requested.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Parking is available on site for up to 55 cars, including 3 blue badge disabled parking spaces, and the furthest walking distance within car park to main entrance is approximately 80 metres.
- The car park is level with surfaces including both tarmac and gravel.
- Well lit entrance and reception with level drop off point directly outside entrance with automatic doors.
- There are seven steps and ramp both with hand rails leading to automatic sliding door entrance, with a seven foot opening.
- There is also an alternate rear entrance from car park with ramp and handrail.
- Luggage assistance available on arrival and departure.
Main Entrance & Reception
- Reception desk is immediately in front of you when entering main entrance with ample space for wheelchair access.
- There is a seating area in reception / lobby, which has carpeted flooring.
- Reception desk is 120cm high; check-in registration can be completed in seating area with the aid of a clipboard if necessary. Large print registration cards available if required.
- Familiarisation tours can be given when required.
- Although we don’t have accessible ground floor bedrooms we do have large rooms without steps on all floors which can be used by wheelchair users.
- Bedrooms are numbered using tactile markings.
- Door opening width is 76cm with an 80cm space next to the bed the bed height is 65cm.
- All bedrooms are well lit with a mixture of hanging ceiling lights, fixed wall lights and bed-side lamps with additional lighting available upon request.
- Most rooms have light walls with slightly darker carpets and have white trims of doors and skirting.
- All rooms have either open plan hangers or wardrobes all with non-adjustable hangers.
- All rooms have televisions with available subtitles if required.
- There are no telephones in the bedrooms.
- All bathrooms have level access from the bedrooms
- Opening of 76cm in doorway
- Either walk-in shower or head above bath available with minimum lip of 25cm to access shower.
- W/C at a height of 43cm, washbasin at a height of 82cm with no pedestal. Grab rails in both showers and baths. Tap fittings are a mixture of lever and turning depending on room.
- Well lit bathrooms with Main fluorescent bulb and some shaver lights.
- Mostly white bathrooms with white doorways and white towels with non-slip flooring throughout.
Public Areas (halls stairs corridors)
- Corridors are mostly 95 cm wide (with some exceptions). All with carpeted flooring and well lit with both ceiling spot lights and wall lights.
- Hotel has one lift with a large mirror, large buttons and handrail (100cm x 110cm)
- There is no lift down to our leisure facilities there are 14 steps with handrails on both sides with a gap of 110cm wide, but there is level access through our gardens.
Public Areas (lounge & lobby)
- Level access on ground floor for both lounge and lobby with double doors to enter.
- Large area between removable furniture giving easy access, with both low armchairs and tables and high back chairs with high tables.
- Carpeted and hardwood dance floor with ceiling spots, hanging lights and wall lights giving good lighting throughout.
- Large flat screen televisions in bar & lounge areas with subtitles if necessary.
- Food & drink can be served in both areas if required.
- Non-accessible w/c’s in public areas
Restaurant & Bar Areas
- Level access throughout bar & restaurant with double door entrance.
- Upright chairs with no arms within restaurant, carpeted throughout, with well, evenly lit areas with both hanging ceiling lights and wall lights.
- We cater for any dietary requirements with table service.
- Large print Menus available as required and staff can read out menu if necessary.
- We have burgundy tablecloths with white crockery.
- Nearest w/c directly outside restaurant (no accessible w/c on ground floor.
- Non-accessible Swimming pool and Sauna available. From reception 14 steps down and 3 steps up to access pool with no lift access to floor.
- No wide cubicle for wheelchair access, with carpet and tile flooring.
- Emergency button in swimming pool with w/c inside (non-access for wheelchair).
- Pool opening times 9am – 9pm.
- Chris, Amanda, Charlotte can be contacted regarding leisure facilities.
Grounds & Gardens
- Rear garden and Patio areas accessible by wheelchair users, with slightly uneven surfaces with no steps. Footpath is 36 inches wide and gravel surface.
- Benches and armchair seating at regular intervals.
- There are no treatment rooms within the hotel.
Conference and Meeting rooms
- Conference room on ground floor has level access, downstairs conference room has 14 steps with no lift access to this floor but access through car park & rear garden is available.
- Large open plan room with level access and room for wheelchairs & pushchairs, any furniture can be moved with various seating arrangements, stackable banquet chairs and tables.
- No hearing loops within hotel.
- Room’s have both carpet and wooden flooring.
- Contact Chris Hall to discuss specific requirements about conference room hire.
- w/c directly outside of conference rooms with level access, no accessible toilets on these floors.
Clubs and Entertainment
- Ballroom & function suite, Ballroom has level access and function suite has 14 steps down with no lift to this floor.
- 48 inch doorway to ballroom. 58 inch doorway to function suite.
- Large open plan rooms with level access and room for wheelchairs & pushchairs, any furniture can be moved with various seating arrangements, stackable banquet chairs and tables.
- No hearing loops within hotel.
- Room’s have both carpet and wooden flooring.
- Contact Chris Hall to discuss specific requirements about function room hire.
- w/c directly outside of ballroom and function room with level access, no accessible toilets on these floors.
- Reception and bar staff available to give assistance where necessary.
- If you require any assistance during your stay please contact reception. The Duty Manager can also be contacted via reception.
- We have a set evacuation procedure for basic information - Alarm bells are a continuous alarm. If we have been made aware of your special access needs someone will come to your room and assist with evacuation either out of the building or to a refuge.
- All front house staff have regular training which includes disability awareness training.
- All housekeeping staff have been trained and are aware of procedures to aid privacy in bedrooms.
- Dog walking areas and bowls available upon request
- Room service available if required
- All low energy lighting is being used at hotel
- Signage, all blue background with large white font
- Wifi available in all public areas
- There is good network coverage for some mobile phones within the hotel and from hotel bedrooms, some networks have low signal.
- List of carers in the local area available on request
Address: Pentire Hotel, Pentire Avenue, Newquay, Cornwall TR7 1NU
Telephone: 01637 872334
Fax: 01637 851186
Grid Reference: SW 7915161492
Hours of operation: Reception 8.00 am -10.00 pm
Newquay Hospital 01637 893600,
Treliske, Truro 01872 274242,
Narrowcliffe Health Centre 01637 873363
Local equipment hire companies: Red Cross Truro 01872 267953, Red Cross Main 08453313331 (mon-fri 9.30-10.30)
Local public transport numbers: Western Greyhound 01637 871871, Bus 01637 871871, Trains 08457484950, Newquay Airport 01637 860600
Local accessible taxi numbers: Carminow Cabs 01637 850000 / 01637 876644
Newquay Tourist Information: 01637 854020
Accessible w/c on ground floor.
More Accessible Bedrooms and Bathrooms as we refurbish.