My Favourite 10 Beaches in Cornwall
We asked Pentire Hotel manager Amanda Pleasants to list her top ten favourite beaches in Cornwall...
1. Holywell Bay. Having grown up in Cubert (afraid am not Cornish though) I have to say this has to be my top favourite. It also features in the Bond film Die another Day!
2. Fistral Beach and Little Fistral cove. Both classics, both within walking distance of the hotel.
3. Crantock (especially walking up the estuary). This is where I will be found walking my dog Polar!
4. Polly Joke. A true hidden gem not far from Newquay. Seek it out!
5. Porthcurno. White sands, clear water and sometimes basking sharks!
6. Sennen Cove. Just round the corner from Land's End, it's great for surfers and families, with lifeguard cover too.
7. Perranporth. Deep in 'Poldark Country', with a striking rock arch!
8. Kynance. Secluded and unspoilt. Regarded as one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
9. Porthminster Beach. Blue Flag beach in St Ives safe for swimming, with plenty of refreshments to choose from.
10. Watergate Bay. A dog-friendly mecca for surfers and foodies alike.
We love the beach here at Pentire Hotel, and are happy to be so close to so many beautiful beaches! So to book your stay today at this great Newquay Hotel, visit our website to find the best hotel deals Newquay has to offer.
For all the lastest updates, tips on things to do in Newquay, offers and Competitions, follow us on Facebook and Twitter!