Many of you have had spring trips to our beautiful county cancelled or postponed as the Coronavirus situation has unfolded, and many more will be feeling unsure as to whether your summer plans may be affected.
We thank you for your patience in delaying your trip and protecting our residents and local resources, and we hope that the thought of a well-deserved trip to the Cornish coast in the future gives you something positive to look forward to in these strange and uncertain times.
To bring a little slice of Cornwall into your homes, and hopefully put a smile on your face, we’ve put together this 'How well do you really know Cornwall?' quiz. Test your knowledge of your favourite county or challenge your family and friends...good luck!
Answers are at the bottom (no peeking...)
1. In what month of the year is patron St Pirans Day celebrated?
A - MarchB - JanuaryC - September
2. What is the capital city of Cornwall?
A - TruroB - PadstowC - Penzance
3. In Cornwall, it is customary to put the jam and cream on your scone in which order?
A - Jam on topB - Cream on topC - Both at the same time
4. The Tate Gallery and Barbara Hepworth museums are situated in which Cornish town?
A - St AustellB - PenrynC - St Ives
5. Actress, Dame Kristin Scott-Thomas, and musician, Mick Fleetwood were both born in which Cornish town?
A - LiskeardB - RedruthC - Looe
6. How many coastlines does Cornwall have?
A - 1B - 2C - 3
7. Scenes for which James Bond film were filmed at the Eden Project in Cornwall?
A – Casino RoyaleB – GoldeneyeC – Die Another Day
8. Which Cornish castle has associations with King Arthur?
A – Pendennis CastleB - Launceston CastleC – Tintagel Castle
9. What is ‘Cornwall’ is the Cornish language?
A – KernowB – CymruC – Kernewek
10. Which of these words means ‘house’ in Cornish?
A – BalB – ChyC – Mor
11. Which of the following programs is not filmed in Cornwall?
A – Doc MartinB - BroadchurchC – Poldark
12. Cornish town, Padstow, is synonymous with which celebrity chef?
A – Rick SteinB – Jamie OliverC – Gordon Ramsay
13. Which Cornish beach is most famous for its surf?
A - Porthmeor BeachB – Kynance CoveC – Fistral Beach
14. Which Cornish town is home to one of the largest fishing fleets in the United Kingdom, with over 40 acres of harbour?
A – NewlynB – PenrynC - Penzance
15. Which Cornish peninsula is the most southern point in the United Kingdom?
A – Land’s EndB – Lizard PointC – Roseland Peninsula
Thank you for taking part! Now, how did you do...
Scroll to see the all important answers.
Answers:1. A – March2. A – Truro3. B – The correct way, cream on top4. C – St Ives5. B – Redruth6. A – 17. C – Die Another Day8. C – Tintagel Castle9. A – Kernow10. B – Chy11. B – Broadchurch12. A – Rick Stein13. C – Fistral Beach14. A - Newlyn
15. B - Lizard Point