Ten Ways to Chill in Cornwall
They say things get done 'dreckly' in Cornwall, and the laid-back approach to life is part of what makes it so appealing as a holiday destination. So put down that phone, step away from the laptop and try these ten things to do in Cornwall to chill out...
1. Wander round the art galleries of St Ives. Parking in this little town can be stressful, so head to one of these oases of serenity and unwind in the company of great art.
2. Visit Port Eliot. Home to Lord and Lady St Germans, this gem of a historic house has gardens that run down to the water near Saltash, a mural painted by the late Robert Lenkiewicz and a host of interesting exhibitions and events, including its own festival each July.
3. Explore Tremenheere Sculpture Gardens, near Penzance. The plants, the art, the views of St Michael's Mount... It's a combination that's guaranteed to lower your heart rate.
4. Join a yoga or tai chi class at Synergy Studio, downstairs at the Pentire Hotel. Get in touch with your spiritual side and let your cares drift away.
5. Take a picnic at the top of St Agnes Beacon. Panoramic views from St Ives to Newquay and across Cornwall. Alternatively, this is a great place for stargazing, being a Dark Sky Discovery Site. Take a blanket, lie back and look!
6. Explore the Gannel Estuary on a stand-up paddle board. Surfing's calmer sibling, these huge stable boards enable you to potter around the nooks and crannies of this lovely estuary, just minutes from the Pentire Hotel Newquay.
7. Visit the Japanese Garden and Bonsai Nursery at Mawgan Porth. Channel your zen in this homage to the East, where you'll find tiny paths leading past Japanese maples and bamboo to waterfalls and pools filled with koi carp. Round it off sitting on the balcony at the Cha-Seki (tea house).
8. Take a ride on the Bodmin and Wenford Steam Railway. Relax in style and enjoy a leisurely 13-mile round trip through beautiful countryside, taking in the sights, sound and smells of a bygone age on this former branch line.
9. Eat lunch at Fifteen Cornwall, where all tables gaze out across Watergate Bay.
10. And last but not least, watch the sun sink into the sea off Pentire Head then stroll back to our bar for a nightcap. Perfick!
To book your relaxing hotel in Newquay, visit our website and check out some of the best Hotel Deals Newquay has to offer, perfect for that relaxed, happy feeling!